In our clinic, our goal is to provide continuing, comprehensive, high quality, hands-on health maintenance and medical care to the entire family including Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Gynecology, Sports Medicine, Geriatrics, Minor Office Surgery and Dermatology. We treat children starting at five years of age, adults, and senior citizens. We are also committed to preventing illness by giving patients information they can use to stay healthy. We direct outpatient and inpatient care and services for our patients.
Family Medicine is a broad discipline of Medicine and the large majority of patients’ problems can be cared for in a family medical office. Complex, advanced or unusual problems may require another specialist to assist in your care, but we are able to coordinate your overall care.
The following list gives you an idea of the specific areas of care provided at Premier Family Medical. If you have any question, please contact us at 973-403-3200.
- Chronic Disease Management – e.g. Diabetes, Hypertension, etc.
- Acute care of Childhood and Adult Illnesses and Injuries – e.g. sprains, lacerations, etc.
- Well child and Adult Physical Exams
- School / Sport / Camp Physical Exams
- Family Planning Exams
- Well Woman Care – e.g. PAP smears, breast exam, cardiovascular health, health maintenance, etc.
- Men’s Health Care – e.g. prostate cancer screening, erectile dysfunction, cardiac risk assessment, etc.
- Immunizations – Children, Adults, Senior Citizens
- Pulmonary Disorders – e.g. emphysema, asthma, pneumonia, COPD, etc.
- Endocrine Disorders – e.g. diabetes, thyroid, osteoporosis, lipids, etc.
- Sports/Non-sport Injuries and Joint Problems – e.g. arthritis, joint/back pain, etc.
- Headache Disorders, Migraine
- Cardiovascular Disorders – e.g. high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, congestive hearth failure, etc.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders – e.g. esophageal reflux, constipation, diverticulosis, etc.
- Genitourinary Disorders – e.g. urinary tract infections, genital infections, etc.
- Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders – e.g. allergies, sinus problems, ear infections, etc.
- Care of Skin Disorders – e.g. rashes, acne, eczema, biopsy of suspicious lesions etc.
- Geriatric Medicine – care of common geriatric conditions and geriatric-specific care. Premier Family Medical is affiliated with many nursing homes, sub-acute and rehabilitation facilities. Please call the office for a complete list of facilities
- Travel Medicine – medical planning, immunizations, medicines
- Procedures – EKG, minor skin procedures, steroid injections, etc.
- Laboratory Services – the blood drawn in the office is collected and processed by several providers
- Inpatient (hospitalization) Services – are provided by your family doctor at Morristown Memorial Hospital, S. Barnabas Medical Center, Clara Maass Medical Center and Mountainside Hospital
- Dietary Supplements and Nutraceuticals – Premier Family Medical encourages the use of dietary supplements and nutraceuticals for wellness and health maintenance.
- Referrals – to other physicians as needed
- Behavioral Health Problems – e. g. anxiety, depression, relational issues
Additional in-office services offered by other providers or agencies
- Echocardiogram – (also called an echo) is a type of ultrasound test that uses sound waves that are sent to the different parts of your hearth. A transducer picks up the echoes of the sound waves and they are turned into moving pictures of your heart that can be seen on a video screen. This test is ordered to look for the cause of abnormal heart sounds (murmurs or clicks), an enlarged heart, unexplained chest pains, shortness of breath, or irregular heartbeats. Check the thickness and movement of the heart wall. Look at the heart valves and check how well they work. Measure the size and shape of the heart’s chambers. Check the ability of your heart chambers to pump blood (cardiac performance). Look for blood clots and tumors inside the heart.
- Arterial Duplex – this procedure is also an ultrasound test and uses color to map the arteries in your body to identify narrowing of your vessels e.g. carotid arteries, aorta, upper and lower extremities.
- Stress Test – (also called a treadmill test or exercise test) helps a doctor find out how well your heart handles work. As your body works harder during the test, it requires more oxygen, so the heart must pump more blood. The test can show if the blood supply is reduced in the arteries that supply the heart. It also helps doctors know the kind and level of exercise appropriate for a patient. Healthy people who take the test are at very little risk. It’s about the same as if they walk fast or jog up a big hill. A physician may recommend an exercise stress test to diagnose coronary artery disease, diagnose a possible heart-related cause of symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath or lightheadedness, determine a safe level of exercise, check the effectiveness of procedures done to improve coronary artery circulation in patients with coronary artery disease, predict risk of dangerous heart-related conditions such as a heart attack.
- Pain Management – if you are not succeeded in managing your neck and back pain, muscle spasm, herniated discs, sciatica, etc., we can alleviate your chronic pain. Some patients experience relief for months or years, while others achieve permanent relief. As a first-time patient in a pain management clinic, you might experience the following:
- Diagnostic tests, if necessary, as determined in the evaluation
- Referral to surgeon, if indicated by the tests and evaluation
- Interventional treatment, such as injections
- Physical therapy to increase range-of-motion and strength, and to prepare you to go back to work.
- Electrodiagnostic Test – ordered to evaluate for injury or disease of muscle, nerve roots, and peripheral nerves. They test the condition of the nerves from the spine, face, and extremities, including the foot and hand. These studies are performed as a workup for complaints of pain, weakness, numbness, or tingling.